Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Lost Art of Letter Writing

To my dearest Daisy,
It has been too long since I have last laid eyes on your beauty and grace.  Next November marks five years since I have last seen you.  I could not take my eyes off of you since the moment I saw you in your beautiful white dress with your matching white roadster.  Unfortunately, I waited too long because I heard that you married Mr. Tom Buchanan.  My heart broke into pieces; I was crushed.  But if it were possible, I would take time itself and set it back in place.  I then heard from different sources that at your honeymoon, he was dirtily involved with a chambermaid.  If I was your husband, I would treat you as if you were my everything, my world.  You deserve anything in the world and I am willing to give it to you.  You deserve better than Tom.  I have always watched that green light at the end of your dock and hoping that you would just attend one of my parties.  They were all for you and they have always been for you.  You complete my life, Daisy.  Please feel the same way about me.
Yours Truly,
Jay Gatsby   

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Jay,
    I am overwhelmed with happiness at the sight of this letter. The last letter I received from you only cut my hope short and tore my heart in half as it left me feeling empty and even more in love. Marrying Tom Buchanan was a mistake I'm willing to admit to, as I realized, when walking down the aisle, that you Jay Gatsby are the one for me.
    Cheating on me with the maid was not the last of Tom's dirty deeds. He's been receiving phone calls from his current mistress, but I just act as though I do not know what's going on. I know you would never treat me the way Tom does, and for that alone, is a reason why I love you so much. I am sorry I never got to one of your parties; they seemed all too pompous for me, however I will make it my goal to come to one just to see you. I love you, too and long for the day we meet again.
    Love always, Daisy <3

    ReplyDelete